Druntime stub project

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Fri Nov 20 11:33:26 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 18 November 2020 at 15:28:36 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
wrote:

> I am an advocate of creating a separate implict hierarchy (like
> "system.*") that content will be attached (included) by the
> build system depending on the build target. It's simpler and
> clearer.
>
> By the way, before starting of rework like discussed it is need
> to go through the entire code and complete "version(Posix){...}
> else version(Windows){...}" branches by "else static
> assert(OSisNotSupportedMsg);". Otherwise we are doomed to very
> interesting glitches.

We already have a "sys" folder in druntime, is that what you
mean. Also we need both that the build system compiles the system
specific files as well as importing based on system.

My plan is to only add version(druntimeAbstract), then hopefully
we will not intrude on the existing OS implementation.
version(druntimeAbstract) must be the first choice as a Posix
operating system might choose that instead of druntimeAbstract
when it is set.