About whether D / rust / golang can be popular.

Daniel Kozak kozzi11 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 08:57:18 UTC 2020

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 6:50 AM zoujiaqing via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> ## Go
> Must kill skill: Goroutine
> Availability: the standard library is powerful. IDE powerful.
> High GC efficiency. friendly debugging tracking tool. It is
> convenient to realize various functions based on standard
> library. Have practical pprof and other tools. But language
> features are too few.

I agree. Google uses golang quite a lot, so it makes sense google helped
with tooling for it.
What IDE do you mean? (GoLand?)

## D
> Must kill skill: It looks good?

Maybe metaprograming?

> Availability: standard library is poor. Bad IDE. GC efficiency is
> low. Lack of friendly debugging tracking tools. Lack of pprof and
> other practical tools. Although the language features many but
> can not add popular practical features, such as await.

Standard library is very general and good enought. Bad IDE (thats true). GC
efficiency is
OK in almost all cases so I woud not say low here because it is not true.

Lack of friendly debugging tracking tools. Lack of pprof and other
practical tools.

I do not use these much so can say if thats true or not, but I would think
they are similar with rust

Although the language features many but  can not add popular practical
features, such as await.

There is not need for await as a language feature maybe have it as a library