TypeFunction example creatiing a conversion matrix

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:32:47 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 1 October 2020 at 12:17:59 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> I do honestly believe that type functions fix a bunch of our
> problems.
> And with very little code change, compared to the power they
> have.

Maybe you can do it in such a way that it later can be viewed as
syntactic sugar for an AST-interfacing mechanism. At least
something to think about.

Also, when introducing new mechanisms a useful exercise can be to
try to find existing mechanisms that can be implemented with it.
If so then one can argue that the core language became simpler
with the addition (so in the long term the compiler can be
simplified also).