TypeFunction example: ImplictConvTargets

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 9 06:38:23 UTC 2020

On Friday, 9 October 2020 at 06:26:04 UTC, Dominikus Dittes
Scherkl wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 October 2020 at 20:52:29 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
>> the initial value of an alias variable is now ∅ The Empty type.
> Just for my understanding:
> Is this empty type something you defined?
> And would it be equivalent to the planned new bottom type
> (noreturn)?

Thanks for asking.
Actually DMD already had it, in there it's known as in there
Tnone.
It wasn't used for anything, I think it was supposed be the type
of a not instantiated template ...

It's not bottom, because bottom is a type that a type function
can return to you.
Tnone or ∅ (in D at least) just means this variable has not been
assigned a type yet.
No type can implicitly convert to ∅.