Pandas like features

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Oct 24 09:29:46 UTC 2020

On Fri, 2020-10-23 at 23:00 +0000, bioinfornatics via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
> To me a scientific library need to be HPC oriented, able
> - to perform // computation on CPU or GPU
> - to use divide and conquer strategy in order to compute over
> multinode
> - to have dataframe features
> - to have scipy features
> A such library would be awesome as at these time python slowness
> become more and more important as data grow exponentially year
> after year

Acting somewhat as "Devil's Advocate"…

Why not just use Chapel https://chapel-lang.org/ – it is a programming
language designed to run in parallel contexts and has an awful lot of the
stuff other (invariable sequential, cf. C++, D, Rust) programming language
have trouble providing.

I am not sure Chapel has pandas style data frames explicitly but I'll bet
something equivalent is already in there.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200