Pandas like features

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 15:48:58 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 22:52:59 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> 1. People have been trying to make Python execute faster for 30
> years. In the end everyone ends up just using CPython with any
> and all optimisations it can get in.

I think where such efforts go wrong is that they try to optimize
Python instead of looking at the usage pattern that most
programmers have. Most Python users never use much of the
esoteric features (including concurrency, beyond generators) that
Python offers.

So you could easily create a simpler language with low level
implemented libraries that exhibit behaviour close enough to
Python for current Python users to feel at home with it.