Feedback Thread: DIP 1037--Add Unary Operator ...--Community Review Round 1

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.com
Fri Oct 30 18:25:38 UTC 2020

On 10/28/20 12:20 AM, Manu wrote:
> These are all good points. Are you opposed to this DIP? If not, would
> you consider collaborating on this?
> I don't really know appropriate language to address some of your points.
> I'm convinced the DIP will fail on account of the points you make, and
> if I can't correct them, then it's an automatic fail, and I might as
> well withdraw it now to save myself the torture, and you the time
> destroying it in a few weeks.
>
> Or anyone else...? This definitely needs fixing, and I don't really know
> how to do it.

I agree it's important to address issues raised during review. You could
actually edit and insert some of your responses in the DIP itself. Don't
forget, the frame of mind is to translate from "DIP plus explanatory
forum discussion" to "everything goes in the DIP". When in doubt, state
in the DIP.

As this is the feedback thread, I've only focused on things that could
improve the DIP, to the best of my ability independently on my take on
it. I may add a post in the discussion thread.

Thanks for your work!