Future of D 2.x as stable/bug fix, and what's next for D 3.x

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Sep 2 08:43:29 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-09-02 at 05:50 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d
wrote:

[…]
> According to github stats, only Go and C++ appears to be growing?
> Rust has been stagnant since 2014 on github?

Perhaps because GitHub is not the only choice of backup and marketing platform
for what is a *distributed* version control tool. I can't imagine BitBucket is
a player, but GitLab definitely is.

> Most languages seem to hit a plateu or a ceiling after a few
> years. The dominant language in each use scenario appears to take
> the long term growth. So javascript, python, go and c++ appears
> to be the ones with momentum on github.

Which is fine, and not a problem.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200