macOS Big Sur status report

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:40:11 UTC 2020

On 9/15/20 6:08 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 September 2020 at 19:51:14 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
>> I'm just unaware which druntime needs to be touched: the LDC one or
>> upstream?
>
> As much as possible upstream. Hopefully it shouldn't be that much since
> it works on iOS. There might be some required changes to Phobos as well.

I suspect DMD will not ever build binaries for the ARM architecture. But
I second Jacob's view, we do not want diverging versions of druntime if
we can help it. I know LDC already has slightly different code, but we
should try to minimize that, and keep them in sync as much as possible
using version statements.

-Steve