Isn't `each` too much of a good thing?

DlangUser38 DlangUser38 at nowhere.se
Fri Sep 18 22:34:51 UTC 2020

On Friday, 18 September 2020 at 16:21:47 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Friday, 18 September 2020 at 15:22:58 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 02:55:39PM +0000, 12345swordy via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>  When there are too many implicit conversions,
>
> What exactly do you mean by this? The implicit conversions that
> I have in mind is that implicit conversions happen once and
> only once per statement.

No. Generally speaking they happen (or at least are tried) once
per binary expression (that includes assignments).

In "a = b(c + d);" you have 3:
1. return type of `b(c+d)` to `a` type
2. `c` to `d` type (or the opposite)
3. `c + d` to the type of `c` first param.

But those are essential. It's not a question of too much /
efficiency.
A backend cant do its job without them and a frontend that
doesn't do them automatically means that the language is a joke.