Rant time? Rant time.

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:37:37 UTC 2020

On Monday, 21 September 2020 at 10:55:22 UTC, FeepingCreature
wrote:
> On Monday, 21 September 2020 at 09:29:21 UTC, Tomcruisesmart
> wrote:
>>

> Incredibly useful DIPs like formatting string literals or named
> parameters are decided not by any kind of vote system, but by
> "let's see if anyone says in the thread that they don't like
> it, and then we won't do it." This leads to horrible DIPs that
> try to placate those people, which then leads to other people
> complaining that the DIP doesn't go far enough. There is no
> winning there, which is why language improvements are either
> trivial or depend on Walter deciding to just go for it.

I'll rather have knowledgeable people make the wrong decision and
be responsible for fixing it than a majority of ignorant people
vote for a mess no one likes to fix.

  That's that's a very common situation out there.

Even then D is a great language due to the experience and thought
that went into it by the initiator and contributors...not by
majority vote.

The rest are ecosystem problems which is not a D specific issue
so I'll let go.