Rant time? Rant time.

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Tue Sep 22 09:47:44 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 22 September 2020 at 07:02:15 UTC, FeepingCreature
wrote:

> (But to answer your question, I'm vaguely hoping for something
> semi-rusty with a clean separation of owning and reading
> references.)

People who ask for required ownership often don't know what they
are asking for. If ownership (single of course) is introduced,
many data structures will no longer work. Right now one of D's
benefits is that many data structures just work out of the box
and even with GC.

I want a sea of objects, single ownership is way too limiting.