Call to action

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Sep 24 18:09:42 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 24 September 2020 at 15:06:25 UTC, novice2 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 September 2020 at 20:40:56 UTC, Imperatorn
> wrote:
>> Anyone?
>
> IMHO, some "readme" or "howto" for beginners with example how
> to to make PR will be helpfull.
> I am not expert, but may be, some begiiners like me can fix
> small issues.

You can indeed, in the documentation if not the code. I've
submitted PRs every so often related to documentation and unit
tests. It's not that hard. You can go through old issues and do
things like reproduce the bug or confirm that it's no longer
relevant.

> But from other side, then read forum and see "ah, this this
> bug, i made PR at 2009" and see then it still not merged... may
> be my language barrier prevent me from understand this...

Those are typically bigger PRs. When I submit small things like
documentation or an update to a unit test, they're merged within
a day or a few days at the most.