Rebrand GC as "automatic memory leak detection and cleanup"

James Lu jamtlu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 14:23:22 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 13 April 2021 at 11:41:05 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> Lockheed Martin reviewed various options for the Aegis Open
>> Architecture including the programming language and execution
>> environment for the system.  In their experiments, they found
>> that HotSpot Java code ran comparable to C++ on an
>>> experimental 250 millisecond periodic workload.

Your article seems to speak of people actually using the GC so
they can speed up development. My game, written in JavaScript, a
garbage-collected language, uses pooling. Pooling is the
equivalent to manual deallocation. Without pooling the freezes
are unbearable. From the performance envelope of my game, a GC
gives the strength of an emergency cleanup system and leak
detector.

The idea is to emphasize the GC can be completely disabled.