Tasks, actors and garbage collection

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 21:38:12 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 16:21:39 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
>     * The framework can run a non-optional linter as part of
> the build process, which would ensure that you don't have:
>         * `@system` or `@trusted` code

Just want to add that there should be imposed some constraints on
what can execute as safe code in a task so that one can get fully
precise garbage collection and over time add compaction.

I guess untagged unions is the main source for imprecision.

One might also want to prevent non-safe code from allocating GC
objects so that all code that is GC-relevant is checked properly
by the compiler.