[Semi-OT] On the topic of build tools

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:43:10 UTC 2021

On Monday, 16 August 2021 at 01:14:22 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:

idk if anyone else _also_ has this problem, but does anyone else
feel like they're a literal addict to coding, in a bad way?

It's been really bad for me the last few weeks, where instead of
studying, exercising, or doing anything that isn't coding, I'll
just spend days tapping away at completely useless projects that
don't see the light of day just to get my "fix" of problem
solving/whatever it is my brain wants.

And then you hit a wall where there's nothing you're working on
that satisfies your brain's hunger. You're not working on
anything hard, or useful, or meaningful, and so the feelings just
fester and bring your down that you can't satisfy your urges to
make things.

It does sound ridiculous, but it's an honest issue I'm facing,
and was just wondering if anyone else experiences this.