Are these bencmarks recent and real?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Tue Aug 31 10:50:33 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 31 August 2021 at 08:27:30 UTC, Chris Katko wrote:

> And the barrier-to-entry is annoying even to fix documentation.
> I went to a D page, clicked "improve this page" and I have
> to... fork the repo, and then submit a pull request. Even if
> if's just to correct a typo. Is that kind of lock-and-key
> audited security over edits to documentation... really
> necessary? If it takes more than 10 seconds, most people aren't
> even going to bother.

That's standard for pretty much all open-source documentations.

See examples below:

MDN Uses Github for their documentation:
https://github.com/mdn/content/blob/main/files/en-us/web/html/element/input/index.html

Rust: https://prev.rust-lang.org/en-US/contribute-docs.html

Visual C++:
https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/cpp-docs/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

And the list goes on.

It's the most liable method of having documentation that can be
contributed to by others.

What would your alternative be? There HAS to be someway of
audited security, otherwise people WILL insert whatever into the
documentation such as malicious content and the malicious content
may not even be discoverable because it could be hidden to a
page's user.