String interpolation, after a healthy debate on discord

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 22:17:14 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 21:06:11 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:

> What do you think? Would this be essential for interpolated
> string adoption in user code or be useless?

I'd be happier if interpolated strings were removed completely.

The idea that they are more readable and convenient, is entirely
subjective.

IMO .. they are a completely unnecessary, additional cognitive
load - as now you have to deal with the possibility of code
having both composite AND interpolated strings.

Interpolated strings..be gone!