String interpolation, after a healthy debate on discord

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 08:05:35 UTC 2021

On Friday, 10 December 2021 at 04:08:44 UTC, forkit wrote:
> Instead of focusing on my keystrokes, I end up seeing all kinds
> of things popping up, all over the place, all the f$HV time ..
> in all kinds of different colors!!

So you turn it off and request help by hitting ctrl-space instead?

Anyway, a key advantage you get, when having appropriately typed
strings, is that you can add string validation to the semantic
server that adds language support for the IDE. This can save a
lot of time for many programmers.

That alone is a good reason to prefer sql"" over i"".