String interpolation, after a healthy debate on discord

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 04:08:44 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 22:39:13 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> That would allow you to get high quality IDE support where you
> would get autocompletion, suggestions and early identification
> of spelling errors. Such tooling is reducing cognitive load and
> saving time.

My experience with such tooling, is that they create extra
cognitive load, to the point where I can no longer use them
(mostly cause I can no longer work out how to disable all the
crap that comes with them).

Instead of focusing on my keystrokes, I end up seeing all kinds
of things popping up, all over the place, all the f$HV time .. in
all kinds of different colors!!