New to D. First impression not good.

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 21:46:15 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 23 December 2021 at 18:06:35 UTC, D.B. wrote:
> [snip]

I am sympathetic to your goals, for sure. Without going in to the
specific problems you are having, I will say that normally the
way things are changed/build is that a very competent and
motivated person with specific needs/experience does the work.
The “problem with your problem” here is that everyone else
involved is routinely (often extremely) online, *including all
the people who could help you make the offline version of things
work well*. Someone has to bridge the gap and while it’s nice to
imagine that it will be someone with all the (in)conveniences of
the modern all-day,all-night internet, I wouldn’t bet on it given
other constraints.