Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 05:45:06 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 29 December 2021 at 05:13:55 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:

> To move forward with it, it would have to be abandoned in its
> current form and completely redesigned.

I am in strong favor of being replaced rather than redesigned.
The only thing that is preventing alias this from being replaced
entirely is implicit conversions, which incidentally is a common
use of alias this.

D can do implicit conversions differently than C++, as there are
other languages out there that have implicit conversions that is
(IMO at least) sane and reasonable.

The question is Walter: Are you willing to bite the bullet on
this or you rather look for some alternative solution here?

-Alex