Lazy formatting

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 16:21:05 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 3 February 2021 at 14:34:42 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> On 2/3/21 4:03 AM, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 2 February 2021 at 20:33:03 UTC, Steven
>> Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> but yes, we are trying to find a way to do  these kinds of
>>> improvements.
>>
>> Steven, it's a two years waiting for a trivial addition to an
>> obsoleted (definition coming from the PR discussion) module.
>>
>> This thing start to smell more like "we don't care" that "we
>> are carefully studying how hight to put the bar"
>
> Not sure how to answer this. I only got involved 4 months ago.
> I can't spend full time on it, I have an actual job. So I'm
> sparsely working on it.

I definitely understand that, don't worry.

> And it's important to prove that what we want to do is feasible
> and workable with our system of development. That's not an easy
> task, I've already hit some dead ends.

That's why defining policies and procedures is the way to go:
they open up to scalability.

That specific PR is just asking a very, very tiny and specific
question. The answer to that can be generalised, and then can be
generally applied to similar situation without posing the burden
to reviewers.

I will try to make this discussion constructive: I've seen Atila
has commented the PR, and the PR was labeled "Andrej" ... I will
ping again Atila on that, let's see if we can score a goal here.