D for safety critical applications

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon Feb 8 15:12:47 UTC 2021

On Monday, 8 February 2021 at 11:09:49 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> Talking with some colleges. They have some questions regarding
> D:
>
> 1. Is D ready for prime time á la safety critical applications?
> (I guess they mean GDC on ARM for example)
>
> 2. Are there any plans to make a certified compiler?

Besides C and C++, I am only aware of Java (PTC/Aicas) and Ada
compilers as fully certified compilers.

Rust has one company driving the roadmap for such kind of
deployments,

https://ferrous-systems.com/blog/sealed-rust-the-pitch/

Whereas Wilderness Labs is driving .NET IoT efforts, however
without certification in place,

https://www.wildernesslabs.co/

I am not aware of similar efforts regarding D.