Anyone in touch with codecov team ? We need assert(0); and assert(false); lines to be ignored

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Thu Feb 11 11:51:26 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 11 February 2021 at 11:17:29 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> I see criticism comming, such as "they cannot handle
> assert(/*yeah*/false/**/)", but I think that this does not
> matter. The regexes for the two most common cases would be
> great to get more accurate reports.

My first question would be whether they have this special case
for C/C++ (such as __builtin_unreachable()).

There's nothing to prevent us rewriting the compiler/library code
in such a way that it becomes covered.  But I'd have thought that
coverage would be the least interesting part of the CI pipeline
results.