2.095 and antivirus

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 06:47:15 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 10 January 2021 at 10:59:57 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The site virustotal.com doesn't like the new 2.095.0 release
> for Windows: three engines find a threat in "rdmd.exe" file in
> the 7z archive.  One engine finds BScope.TrojanRansom.Encoder
> in it, and two others find Hacktool.Win32.Krasnoglaz.Gena.  The
> latter is new: detected in 2.095.0-rc1 version, but not in
> 2.094.2 release.
>  One engine detects a threat in some other executables from the
> archive as well.
>
> Note: when given the whole 7-zip archive, some of the engines
> time out, so it's best to upload and check the ".exe" files
> separately.
>
> What's the next thing to do here?  Obviously, I'd like the
> release to not contain threats (or false alarms), so that we
> can feel safe about installing dmd on servers and such.
>
> Ivan Kazmenko.

False positive or not, anyone knows if/how we scan for viruses
when doing releases? 🤔

It's highly unlikely that an actual virus sneaked in, but it
gives a "bad" impression...

This has happened at my previous company before when writing
software that copied files between computers. I'm not surprised
tho if some part of rdmd looks suspicious to an anti-virus 😏