Walter knowingly, silently unfixed a bug

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Mon Jul 19 14:55:12 UTC 2021

On Monday, 19 July 2021 at 10:54:47 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
> [...]
>
> If I were unreasonably amicable, I might say that Walter simply
> forgot to go back to Bugzilla and update the issue. But even
> then he should have mentioned in the pull request that it
> affects an older issue. And having dealt with Walter before,
> I'm not willing to find excuses anymore. I'd sooner believe
> that he snuck that change past Jacob with a force-push.
>
> [...]

in the last force push it seems the file was moved:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/compare/9e598d64c076d8b8c2f79f0214cddf3d55f75e11...ab5a18635adaa3e2271e0f4b569500a89ac74235

I haven't really thought about the content yet though, it might
be that this could actually be a more correct behavior, which
might be why Walter did this change.