Can signatures be made simpler and error messages be made better?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 10:48:12 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 12 June 2021 at 10:38:52 UTC, sighoya wrote:
> I think this is part of the reason why Rust compiles slow.
>
> To be useful, such constraints have to be preserved in ABI,
> otherwise you end up with the same problems as in Rust.

You can export the constraints as annotations.

But I think it absolutely should not be part of the type or
overloading. You should be able to turn it off and still get the
same executable.

That way it has no impact on compile times, meaning, you can do
the "linting" in the background after compilation.

That way you have fast compilation, can start testing
immediately, and while testing the linter produces a report on
borrowing-problems.