replacing removed projects in dub

ryuukk_ ryuukk_ at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 22:57:15 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 22:17:59 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Everyone has seen this happen sometimes. An open-source author
> deletes their account or the repository, and then the source is
> gone. The latest is this project:
>
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/raylib-d
>
> Which I have been using to teach a class.
>
> But of course, it's open source, so we can continue.
>
> What does one do when the project is deleted from view? I can
> register a copy of it, but it seems rather annoying if one has
> to do this kind of stuff. Plus, now I have to come up with a
> different name (and have projects update all their
> dependencies).
>
> Should it be possible to "take over" a project in dub once the
> maintainer has deleted all their stuff? I have a copy of the
> repo (thanks to WebFreak), so I could do it, but I wonder if
> dub shouldn't have a way to mitigate this type of problem.
>
> Also, if anyone has any information about why this happened,
> let me know (you can email me if you want to speak privately),
> I want to make sure the original author really meant to do this
> before I register a copy of their stuff.
>
> -Steve

Looks like he closed his github account entirely

raylib is a C library so it is pretty easy to generate bindings
for it!

There are ton of other bindings for raylib for D on github:

https://github.com/Soaku/raylib-d
https://github.com/o3o/bindbc-raylib

And a little reminder, to generating bindings for header is super
simple with dstep:

https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep