std.sumtype?

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:40:01 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 18:29:34 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> That's how i feel about it, people didn't care enough and
> easiest solution picked (let's put this lib instead), now you
> have to use a feature, as a lib, calling functions that looks
> like template functions, in the end it is confusing
>
> i can switch(t), but i can't match(t), i need to use a
> different syntax

I cared enough to spend my free time for the last *three years*
working on the sumtype library and submitting it for inclusion in
Phobos. That's more than you've done, I'll bet.

I understand your frustration, but these kinds of disparaging
comments are extremely disrespectful, and you should avoid making
them if you want anyone to take your criticisms seriously.