Where are the the comments in dmd?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon May 3 14:50:43 UTC 2021

On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 14:34:52 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 13:35:20 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>> Yes, you have to start in one end and focus on that end, then
>> slowly move to other files to get the structure. Directories
>> would help, better names would help. Doesn't take much time to
>> do either, not sure why nobody has done it yet?
>
> Walter is against it because of the command line tools he uses:
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5730#issuecomment-223936450

Ok, I don't really understand why, but even if that is a good
reason then one could simply use long prefixes instead of
directories:

parser_token.d
parser_lex.d
parser_parse.d

etc

> I don't know how to improve the situation further as long as
> Walter's veto stands.

I get that.

It would be nice if everyone just agreed on a common setup and
tools then one could build a community around that with good
tutorials, but I guess that is not very realistic.

For instance, when reading Mac tutorials, I find it very useful
that they all use XCode. Even if there may be better editors, it
really helps to have the same basic setup when getting started on
something new.