Support Windows XP

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Fri May 7 12:39:18 UTC 2021

On Friday, 7 May 2021 at 09:41:52 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I use XP as a test machine for the DMC++ compiler, because
> later versions of Windows attempt to run the virus checker
> every time the compiler generates an executable. Even when the
> damned virus checker is turned off.

Do you have exclusions set? On Windows 10, you can go to Start >
Virus & Thread protection > Manage Settings > Add or remove
exclusions > Add an exclusion.
I exclude a whole bunch of folders such as:

C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Temp\.rdmd

I found that it really helps reducing the time to run .exe files,
though it's still slower than on Linux (which is why I'm using
Debian most of the time).