Where are the the comments in dmd?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri May 7 18:36:58 UTC 2021

On 5/7/2021 8:57 AM, Sputnic wrote:
> Couldn't these be renamed to be more readable? I don't think it is reasonable to
> expect someone to know that "ee" stands for execution environment. This would be
> a step towards reducing the barrier to entry for DMD.

People hear "Central Intelligence Agency" once and ever after use CIA. The same
goes for everything else.

DMD source code should be optimized for the people who spend thousands of hours
on it. For new people, the link to the glossary has already been posted here.

Some years back, someone did a Pull Request to rename the "paren" token to
"Parentheses" (s.i.c.). This is used several hundred times in the source code.
It's more annoying than illuminating.