OT: personal covid preparedness plan

Guillaume Piolat first.name at spam.org
Mon May 3 10:17:41 UTC 2021

https://forum.dlang.org/post/eowszrupdrobhgcgvxbm@forum.dlang.org

On Monday, 19 October 2020 at 23:34:50 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I wrote down a few things I am doing for covid preparedness and
> thought I should share them here. It was written hurriedly for
> internal use, but maybe it could be interesting to others.
>
> PRs welcomed.
>
> https://github.com/symmetry-covid/personal-plan
>

> Laeeth

Up.
I've had medium COVID-19 (12 days of
fever/diarrhea/asnomia/tiredness/short-breathness/cough without
grave symptoms) and the following tips came up. **I'm not a
doctor**, these are only my personal feelings about this.

- Paracetamol is your friend to combat the ineffective fever. It
seemed to be it was useful to take a relatively smaller dose than
wanted in order to avoid too much oscillation in your temperature
(that woul cause sweating and increased heart-rate). OTOH, try
not to avoid taking it, it's literally the only thing you have.
- I ended up taking a multivitamin because I figured I didn't
know what I was missing. I did take vit C, vit D, zinc,
magnesium, L-carnitin otherwise. I don't know what helped.
- It seems to me there is a feedback from your thoughts to the
immune system. Only after I thought deeply about _what_ my immune
system (and: should it?) was fighting the fever started to
diminish. I had a similar exeperience with an allergic reaction,
where just thinking about it (in a CBT-style) made the reaction
lesser.
- as kitsch as it may sound, try to enumerate reasons to live and
what you want to do _after_ covid.