Plan for D

sighoya sighoya at gmail.com
Sat May 22 13:36:11 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 22 May 2021 at 12:47:17 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> I can't help but feel it might be best if I just left for
> C++20. Experimental stuff for C++23 is available anyways, can't
> be any worse than the bugs in the D compilers. If I want the
> flexibility of Python, I can learn how to embed `boost.python`
> properly.

Can't speak for you, but this is a no-option for me. C++ has a
massive complexity bolted on it, you have an abundance of ugly
code which won't be upgraded and will even grow as of today.
Still improved support for templates in C++ aren't enough to
replace C macros, so you have to deal with them anyway.
The syntax still feels hard to read these days, I don't know.
And then developing without a GC and dealing with many memory
containers which aren't that safely convertible to each other,
no, thanks.