How can we make it easier to experiment with the compiler?

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 10:31:09 UTC 2021

On Monday, 24 May 2021 at 09:39:42 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/24/2021 1:35 AM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
>> Did you read _literally nothing else_ that I wrote?
>
> I read it, my response was to the entire posting.

Then I can only conclude you have absolutely no perspective for
someone who has little or no experience with the DMD codebase.

I have had multiple GSoC/SAoC students and I have spoken to
perhaps two dozen people  at various dconfs who I consider to be
well versed in D and all of them have complained that the lack of
organisation of the files in DMD to be a significant hinderance
to contribution to the point where many simply do not bother.
Many of these people are regular commits to phobos and druntime.