How can we make it easier to experiment with the compiler?

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu May 27 06:08:53 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 27 May 2021 at 05:36:55 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
> The fact you only just found out about it shows that:
> a) you have never used the README, and
> b) know your way around well enough to not need it, which shows
> the implication that
> c) you have no perspective from those who would have use for
> either a README or better structured files and know nothing
> about the relative benefits of either of them.

d) See no value in spending effort on designing an architecture.

e) Does not see the value of having others add new features.

So basically the project is following this structure:

On person runs ahead adding features faster than they are
completed.
Helping out means walking around grepping for things to fix.

If that is it, then we might as well close the thread and
conclude that dmd is a hobby project.

Which is fair enough. Just don't pretend it aspires to be more
than that, because that takes reorganization and restructuring.