Sorry and Goodbye...

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat May 29 23:05:38 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 29 May 2021 at 22:19:45 UTC, Avrina wrote:
> What would be the real life equivalent of "undefined
> behaviour"? Does anyone know where I might find such an expert
> and who might be able to give such a person the right amount of
> information they feel at the right time, but again. Trust, but
> verify when dealing with nuclear.

The real life equivalent of undefined behaviour would be driving
a car out in an ocean, since you are doing something that is
outside the trafic laws for roads those laws no longer applies.

In a spec, undefined behaviour just means that the program was
not written in the specified language. This is specific to low
level languages. The language is the set of all valid programs.
High level languages checks that the program is valid at either
compile or runtime. So there is no undefined behaviour in those.