What kinds of Software do you create in D.

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Nov 2 19:47:18 UTC 2021

On Tue, Nov 02, 2021 at 07:35:15PM +0000, Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> I actually kinda prefer using a unix socket than a tcp thing just
> because the name is less likely to collide than ports...

Yeah, and TCP ports on Linux have that annoying tendency to stick around
for a while after the listening process has exited.  (Yes I know there's
a syscall / socket option to get around that. But it's annoying because
it's one extra thing to have to do.)

And also the performance hit that Patrick mentioned.

If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution. -- Robert Sewell