Phobos version naming

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:29:20 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 3 November 2021 at 15:37:05 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Currently it's std.v2 but I'm unclear how it goes from there.
> By semver we'd go with std.v2_0_1 and so on.

This seems like a misuse of semver to me. Backwards-compatible
bugfixes and additions to std.v2 can go directly into std.v2,
just like they currently do for std. There is no need to create
separate packages for every minor and patch increment.

If we really want to support users depending on a specific
minor/patch release of Phobos other than the one shipped with
their D toolchain, we should put Phobos on code.dlang.org.