Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 19:36:19 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 6 November 2021 at 19:13:11 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Go has exceptions, although they don't call them as such
> (panic/recover).

They discourage using it for regular errors, and Go programmers
seem to swallow the very noice error-checking regime. Panic
recover is also quite clunky and runtime dependent. Yes, I
personally use it as clunky hack to emulate exceptions, but it is
much less maintainable.

> programming, and they are in the process of adding vocabulary
> types for improved error handling, based on the experience of
> those libraries.

Are they extending the language?