My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Nov 8 01:11:38 UTC 2021

On 08/11/2021 11:30 AM, Imperatorn wrote:
> Most important thing I need rn (I know ppl find it silly, but coming
> from other languages you get so used to it) is a reliable and good IDE
> with static analysis, autocomplete, goto definition that just works and
> built in package management and a good set of core libraries that are
> rock solid.

As of late, when I try goto definition with DCD it works fine.

But the future of DCD is to be rewritten to use dmd-fe.

I did say this on Discord earlier today, that I'm hoping someone steps
up to do the rewrite (really its a refactor + addition of the extra engine).

But in saying that, this stuff should be owned by the compiler
developers. They are the ones that are going to make the IDE integration
actually good.