Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 22:59:12 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 14 November 2021 at 21:58:21 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> The ACID test of language complexity is to look at typical code
> bases and ask yourself if it would be a good idea to tell
> newbies to learn the language from studying those.
>
> I think both C+, Rust and D has a usability problem there.

No. Never send a newbie to study a typical code base, no matter
what the language.

First, the concept of their being a 'typical' code base is a bit
sus.

Second, newbies need (up-to-date) learning material that
minimizes learning time and confusion, and provides concise,
focused guides to specific topics(Andrew Koenig, Accelerated C++,
2000).