Future of memory management in D

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 01:23:38 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at 18:17:29 UTC, Rumbu wrote:
> At least from my point of view, it seems that recently D made a
> shift from a general purpose language to a C successor, hence
> the last efforts to improve betterC and C interop, neglecting
> other areas of the language.

Nothing can compete with C, in terms of being the layer just
above assembly.

Many try. All fail.

Improving on D's capability to write and interop with low-level
code, seems like a worthwhile exercise to me, as it expands the
problem domains in which D can be used.

But that is a very different objective to being C's successor.

C will always B.