My Long Term Vision for the D programming language

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 13:16:04 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 12:54:10 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> Yes. I think a reference compiler would be better. Then people
> can implement what they want and show that as a proof of
> concept. If it is interesting then it will gain momentum.

An interesting aspect of using a reference implementation written
for clarity instead of a spec is that if the proof of concept is
good, then people can use the reference compiler. If enough
people do that then that proof-of-concept feature will make it
into the main compiler (or the main compiler will die off).

Never thought about that before, it is an interesting idea.