Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

user1234 user1234 at 12.de
Thu Nov 18 12:45:16 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at 08:55:27 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
> Is there a set of features that, when fully working, will mean
> that D2 is now finished? Or will it forever be in a state of
> ongoing feature development?

(Assuming you talk about D2 new features compared to D1)

A problem is that D1 to D2 was a major change with several
objectives.

The current approach that is to introduce changes, incrementally
"DIP driven"-ly,
is more likely to result in finished features. To me, unfisnished
D2 "new" features (e.g shared) are more a symptom of the poor
managment and the poor methodology that drove D development 10
years ago.