Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 14:05:37 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 13:29:59 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> It isn't like D1 was some stable target and D2 was a radical
> change in development. No, D1 came out only 6 months before D2.

Well, IIRC, the old D1 website made a point of D1 being a
simplified C++ family language, and having no templates was
essential to that simplicity philosophy. That is the impression I
got.

I felt that Walter tried to collect the most common patterns he
felt people used in C++ (right or wrong) and tried to make those
patterns simpler in D1 than in C++.

D2 was a pretty radical change in philosophy in my opinion.