My Long Term Vision for the D programming language

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 23:51:09 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 17:52:44 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Exactly what I said.  The day will come when the world realizes
> just how much of a liability an inherently-unsafe language is,
> and how much it's costing businesses, and the tables will turn.

A shame we didn't get @safe by default pushed through, because
(from what I recall) extern(C) functions were for some reason
also considered @safe by default, which caused too much backlash.

And to quote a similar post I made before "fuck it, let's just
scrap it so everyone looses out instead" is essentially what I
remember happening.