Is there an intention to 'finish' D2

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 08:07:11 UTC 2021

On Friday, 19 November 2021 at 03:00:14 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> aforementioned change. Personally what I want is a new
> leadership structure, a steering group of probably seven, maybe
> eleven, selected by D stakeholders on some term basis, probably
> annually, who have authority to make whatever changes they see
> fit. From there, they guide the language.

You need representation (diversity) otherwise you will end up
with many of the same issues.

You also need a shared vision. Simpler or more features?

You also need to restructure compiler internals to get more
people interested. So a merge is not realistic.

>  The process I propose is letting the steering committee
> deliberate on them in a private forum thread, which is then
> made public (but read only) after the decision is locked. This
> decision can thus be reviewed without being bikeshedded to hell.

Look up Group Think. The road to hell is paved with good
intensions.