Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 15:05:40 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 21 November 2021 at 14:43:00 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 20 November 2021 at 15:52:37 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
> wrote:
>> Non-sequitur.
>>
>> Most people don't write at all on Internet forums.
>> You can't be more representative of the general public than
>> other members of this forum
>
> I am of course not a representative of the general D
> programmer. Did you read what I wrote?

In case I was unclear:

1. The typical D user is not a regular on the forums. Only the
hardcore users are regulars. Fulfilling their wishes does not
necessarily satisfy the non-hardcore users.

2. The non-hardcore users use D every now and then. This is the
majority. They are happy about some thing, unhappy about other
things. Happy enough to dabble. Unhappy enough to not build
larger things like frameworks.

Then you need to figure out what they are unhappy about and fix
it. Until then the eco system will not grow. No matter how many
users you have in category 2.

It is that simple. Yes?